Responsible for enterprise server, SAN storage, backups and virtualization technology that supports over 1,000 virtual machines running on over 100 physical servers. This position also contributes to efforts that ensures security, compliance, performance, capacity, operational standards and service level agreements are met for systems built on premise and in the cloud provider.
- Adheres to guidelines for storage and virtual systems sizing and capacity planning. Creates reports to ensure system capacity is running at optimal levels regardless of where the application is hosted.
- Responsible for creating and validating disaster recovery plan.
- Collaborates closely with other groups, especially Operations, Network, and Security groups. Works in close partnership with Client Services to ensure an exceptional user experience is delivered.
- Works with the project management office to gather business requirements and develop solutions according to business needs.
- Develops automation, tools and procedures that improve operation efficiency and consistency for services under one's management.
- Follows change control policies. Works to ensure that detailed change control procedures are submitted in a timely manner.
- Researches developments in the field and recommends new technologies, services and changes that will increase productivity for the WCM community. Develops deep understanding of storage, virtual, and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Measures and maintains services within defined Service Level Agreements. Proposes changes where improvements are needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise on server, storage and virtualization technologies including Pure Storage, EMC Isilon (NAS), Brocade (SAN), and VMware vSphere.
- Responsible for maintaining security for all related services in close collaboration with the ITS Security Group. Works with ITS Security Engineers to document and remediate security problems when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 or more years' experience in a senior IT engineering capacity directly supporting File and Block Storage and Virtualization infrastructure.
Strong experience with a range of Virtualization and Cloud services such as VMware vSphere and AWS or Azure.
Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting server and application issues with complex large-scale multi-tier and distributed application infrastructures.
Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, and Enterprise Backup systems.
In-depth understanding of enterprise class storage such as Pure Storage, Brocade SAN, and File sharing services such as EMC Isilon technology.
Ability to develop automation of infrastructure as a service using orchestration tools.
DevOps experience preferred.
Working experience with Microsoft HyperV and Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Self-starter, with a broad technical background, who possesses both critical-thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong background in developing trust and confidence in relationships with Clients and cross-functional teams.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).