The client, a prop trading financial services firm, is seeking a Systems Administrator (either Windows or Linux-based) to work with their security team to ensure that our server infrastructure, virtual or physical, is properly protected. You will maintain, engineer, and implement security controls and audit configurations. You will work to reduce risk footprint across the infrastructure without impacting its effectiveness. Attention to detail is essential, along with the ability to understand what impact their changes will have on the business teams and services they use.
- Maintain security tools and their associated configurations
- Coordinate and manage tool updates
- Work with platform teams to deploy tools and, after validating necessary performance and functionality requirements, implement changes as needed.
- Identify open-source solutions and test their viability in the client's environment
- Ensure OS builds are hardened to the maximum.
- Identify and document ways to measure effectiveness of the server controls
- Assess risk in the server environment and mitigate those risks
- Identify process improvements for automation of security hardening checks on servers
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required
- Scripting or Development experience in a high-level language with the desire to learn more (Ideally Python)
- Expertise maintaining servers (Linux or Windows) in a physical and virtual world
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Deep knowledge of OS platforms like Windows Server, Red Hat, Ubuntu Server
- Experience with tools like K8, docker, etc
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity design, engineering, documentation, and implementation.
- Client prefers someone who can work onsite in Chicago, New York, or Austin.
- Remote work available for exceptional candidates only
- Salary is negotiable