A startup with a recent $100 million funding round is looking to build out its security operations program. The Senior Security Engineer will be hands-on doing technical work, as well as leading and envisioning the future of the security program.
What You Will Do
- Build the roadmap, strategy, and vision for security. Hands-on + leadership role.
- Stand up, manage, and implement a subset of the security program.
- Design the requirements, select the technology, and build the processes that enable identifying, preventing, detecting, responding to, and recovering from risks and threats.
- Keep the security team honest about adversaries, risks, controls, and prioritization.
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Help build a collaborative and enlightening world-class security team at the company.
- Mentor junior team members and spread a culture of security throughout the organization.
- Experience running, building, and scaling world-class security programs.
- Experience designing and building a wide variety of technical security controls and solutions.
- Deep experience in at least four of the following areas: product security, security operations, enterprise security, vulnerability discovery, program analysis, data governance, threat detection, threat hunting, threat intelligence, endpoint security, communications security.
- Deep knowledge of security technology and processes.
- Great communication, prioritization, and project management skills.
Location is onsite New York. Flexible WFH 4-7 days a month. Full remote may be considered in rare cases.
Salary goes from $150,000 to $225,000 for best candidate. No bonus. Some equity is possible.