Title: Senior Director, Cybersecurity Operations
Location: New York City
Compensation: $250,000 - $500,000 TC
Glocomms are partnered with a New York based Financial Services firm in the search for Senior Director, Cybersecurity Operations to lead Blue, Red, and Purple Team day-to-day operations focused on reducing detection and response time of security events, forensic investigations, threat hunting, penetration-testing, investigation and evaluation of enterprise risks, security vulnerabilities, implement new robust and effective ways to counter cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks, and further developing the overall security posture of the firm and its clients.
The ideal candidate must come from a Financial Services background possessing in-depth knowledge of the regulatory landscape whilst having a strong awareness of the cyber threat landscape.
- Manage the SecOps divisions activities including, but not limited to, Threat Hunting, Penetration-Testing of WebApps, MobileApps, Attack Simulations, Threat Emulation, Threat Modeling, Social Engineering, Signal Testing, Physical Security, Systems and Cloud assessments, etc.
- Manage security tools, such as hosted systems, appliances, and SaaS, and conduct regular health checks, version updates, and content creation.
- Analyse and improve metrics used to measure effectiveness and capabilities of security tools.
- Ensure regular performance of upgrades, introduce new technologies, and identify enhancements throughout the systems lifecycle.
- Lead in response actions such as investigation, coordination, review, and reporting, and technical analysis of security events whilst coordinating the actions of the incident responders with both internal and external teams.
- Ensure that data collection and preservation related to cyber security incident response operations are carried out in accordance with industry best practices and established protocols.
- Support employee growth by managing career progression planning meetings with staff and arranging employee training courses, conferences, and seminars.
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in Cyber Security Operations with a bachelors, masters, or high in Computer Science or relevant.
- Hands-on technical experience in areas of Red, Blue, and Purple Teaming.
- In-depth knowledge of the emerging cyber threat/vulnerability landscape and threat actor TTP's.
- In depth knowledge of the financial services regulatory landscape.
- Experience building strong technical teams and leading from the front.
- Excellent communication skills.