Summary: A global, multi-billion-dollar private hedge fund is seeking a self-motivated and ambitious Python & Cloud Engineer to contribute to a well-established and mature engineering group in Boston. You will play a vital role in adding DevOps expertise to a Research Systems team. In addition to that, you will make a crucial impact on the firm by directly guiding team members on the best practices for developing in a hybrid environment and supporting production applications.
- Collaborating with internal Investment Research clients and other application teams within the Platform Engineering team and Research Systems group
- Establishing standards and best practices for migrating on-prem deployments to a cloud environment, especially pertaining to high-performance cloud application and service deployments
- Hands-on work in the delivery of prototypes and project work
- Building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional leaders and team members, as well as coaching project team members
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related
- 5 YOE in supporting production applications, and object-oriented programming in Python
- 3 YOE in cloud configuration and tuning, as well as building resilient CI/CD pipelines using Git, and containerization technologies
- Previous daily work with Kanban or Agile Scrum sprint
Value added (but not required):
- Master's Degree in CS
- 3 YOE in UI-oriented programming with TypeScript/React
- Industry leading compensation and benefits packages
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration and access across all levels of the business
If you are interested in the Principal Software Engineer position, don't hesitate to apply!