Our client, a world leader in paper production, is currently looking for a Network & System Administrator. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the global company network. You will need to plan, implement, and maintain the network hardware and software; ensuring that the network runs both smoothly and efficiently. In addition to these primary responsibilities, you will work with the system administration and cybersecurity teams to support our business day-to-day and modernise and secure our environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience as a network administrator and Windows systems administrator
- Strong understanding of network protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, SD-WAN,VPN, VLAN, DNS, and DHCP
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, including firewall management, intrusion detection, patch management, and security awareness will be a plus
- Security certification such as CompTIA Security+ or equivalent is a plus
- Proficiency in Windows Server and Windows 10/11 operating systems
- Experience with Azure cloud services is desirable
- Ensure reliable connectivity and optimal performance by designing, configuring, and maintaining our network infrastructure
- Monitor and manage security for the entire network, including threat detection and response
- Create network connections and configurations that are optimal
- Configure and install various network devices and services such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, and QoS
- Collaborate with our external partner and local IT teams to solve network problems
- Provide support and problem-solving at 2nd and 3rd line levels to resolve issues
- Conduct network audits and penetration tests
If you think this role is a good opportunity for your future career, please apply here for a confidential discussion with one of our specialist recruiters.
You can also reach out to me directly via email at or by phone at +49 30 166389745.