Manager of Cloud Operations | Houston, TX | Hybrid
We are a leading SaaS provider, delivering an innovative business intelligence and data exploration platform that is reshaping the analytics landscape. Our platform offers a user-friendly interface, allowing decision-makers to analyse extensive datasets securely and efficiently in the cloud. With our solution, users can promptly address inquiries, facilitating accurate, data-driven decision-making.
As a Manager of Cloud Operations, you will be tasked with overseeing the development and operations of this firm's corporate cloud strategy! With that in mind, we are seeking a highly motivated individual who has recently stepped into a technical lead position, and are eager to act as a technical mentor to junior engineers within the team. Outside of deep cloud experience, we are looking for someone who also has solid vendor management and cost optimisation experience, as you identify the best services and tools for your responsibilities.
- Manage, support, and scale the current cloud architecture (AWS preferred, multicloud best)
- Influence the migration of applications from our on prem environment to our cloud environment (re-architecture, best practices, cost optimisation)
- Collaborate with technical and non technical business units to understand necessary requirements to translate that into respective solutions (Security, Development, etc)
- Introduce industry best practices and act as the trusted resource for enterprise value improvement opportunities.
- Reinforce the importance of IaC, and implement respective automation where applicable
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in relevant field (Computer Science best)
- 10+ years of Exp working in a related position within IT
- 7+ years of experience working with cloud computing technologies (AWS preferred, Multicloud best)
- Great experience managing key AWS Services and Tools including but not limited to IAM, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, and more
- Windows and Linux background preferred
- Languages of choice: Python (best), Powershell, or similar language
- Solid understanding of CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, and other related tools
- Experience leveraging monitoring tools such as Datadog, ELK, Grafana, or Prometheus
- Containerization experience: Kubernetes and Docker, EKS as well
- Excellent communications skills working with technical colleagues and non technical colleagues
- A team oriented mentality, who promotes collaboration, goals, successes AND failures
- Deep passion for technology and maintaining cutting edge tech stacks