Glocomms is leading a retained search for a Senior Software Engineer to help one of the nation's leading aerospace and defense contractors develop battlefield radar systems in Fullerton, California. Your future team adopts best industry practice and DevOps processes to integrate COTS with existing / next-generation mission-critical control systems.
This Senior Software Engineer will be expected to perform as an individual contributor on a high performing team. Tasks will include, but not limited to, COTS/FOSS installation, configuration, integration, and testing; script development to automate deployment of COTS and software application build; system performance tuning; and software security and hardening.
A Secret Security Clearance is required for this role.
- 3+ years of experience in software development or system administration.
- Prior experience performing system administration, COTS install/configuration on Windows or Linux OS for mission-critical systems.
- Proficient in scripting (specifically, PowerShell and bash) development to automate COTS and software application/build install, distribution and configuration using DevOPS processes, including build documents and job aids.
- Ability to analyze, design, configure and integrate COTS products into existing systems.
- Ability to travel to customer site, two to three weeks each quarter, to support in-country site acceptance testing activities.
- BS or MS with an emphasis in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Science Technology, Software Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM.
- Strong communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Candidates who fit this description are strongly encouraged to apply!