A leading digital products firm headquartered in the Bay Area is on the lookout for a skilled and experienced Digital Platform Security Engineer to join a small but growing Platform Engineering team.
Position Overview: As a Digital Platform Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding the organization's digital assets and ensuring the resilience of internal and customer-facing platforms against evolving cyber threats. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and maintain robust security measures while staying abreast of emerging threats and technologies.
- Develop and implement security solutions for our digital platforms, considering industry best practices and compliance standards.
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure teams to integrate security into the entire development lifecycle.
- Proactively monitor and analyze security alerts, incidents, and vulnerabilities.
- Lead incident response efforts, including post-incident analysis and recommendations for improving the incident response process.
- Stay current on cybersecurity trends, threat intelligence, and emerging technologies to proactively identify potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate and implement tools for threat detection and response.
- Ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to conduct security assessments and address compliance issues.
- Conduct security awareness training for employees and stakeholders to promote a culture of security.
- Provide guidance on security best practices to development and operational teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field from an accredited university.
- 4+ years as a security engineer or relevant role.
- Hands on experience with either AWS or GCP; multicloud experience a plus.
- Strong grasp of at least one programming/scripting language ie. Python, Go, etc. and experience automating security tooling for enterprise use.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts, protocols, and technologies.
- Experience with cloud security, network security, and application security.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, or equivalent are a plus.
This role will be a priority hire in the organization's 2024 growth plans. Candidates must be willing to work on-site in the Bay Area 2-3 days per week. Unfortunately the firm is not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.