A large financial institution is searching for its next Virtualization Engineer. Please respond to this ad if this role sounds like you.
- Maintain, deploy and tune the virtual environment.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Great documentation skills
- Monitor, maintain, and measure performance metrics to maintain and improve virtual environment stability and resiliency.
- Project leadership, oversight, and management
- Coordinate efforts with other company stakeholders.
- Implement system upgrades. Ensure change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with client procedures and policies.
- Minimize client service interruptions via early identification and resolution of problems. Analyze monitoring and maintenance data and implement changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Identify trends, determine root causes of incidents, and manage adverse events from identification through resolution.
- Perform analysis, research, system design, testing implementation, documentation and on-going support for the end user workspace environment.
- Mitigate risk by following procedures and monitoring controls, spotting critical errors in the process
- Strong ethical behavior.
- Maintain and perform tuning on VCE vBlock, Cisco UCS, and Nutanix HCI Platform.
- Remote direction of data center techs on maintenance and hardware upgrades.
- Emergency support for systems issues.
- 5 years+ of exp. in VMware technologies.
- 3 + Years exp. implementing, deploying, and supporting infrastructure.
- Strong exp. with VMware 6.x/7.x, NSX, VRO, SRM, VRA, and VrOps.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and PowerCLI scripting.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework.
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, DNS, Routing protocols.
- Knowledge of VBlock, Nutanix HCI solutions, Cisco UCS.
- Install and configure systems from BareMetal for Dell, HP, Cisco
- Knowledge of NFS, Fiber Channel, Block