Glocomms is currently leading the search for a Senior Software Development Engineer at a leader among the FANG companies. With their top tier technology, the Senior Software Development Engineer must have a strong background in writing maintainable code for software components and influencing team decisions. This position is based in Newark, NJ.
- Design, develop and test the code and components for the one of the largest creators and providers of audio-books.
- Use new and emerging technology to solve problems that may arise. Start a design, turn it into clear and maintainable code while delivering it on schedule.
- Read and review code of other team members while giving constructive criticism.
- Mentor and lead junior developers by sparking curiosity and technical understanding.
- Experience with at least one or more modern languages such as Java, C++ or C#
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the development and design of new systems
- 2+ years of professional experience in Software Development (non-intern)
- Experience in constructing, developing and delivering software systems to all types of customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to improve the team's development and testing process.
- Ability to teach/mentor junior teammates on team software, team culture and customer obsession.
- Competitive base salary + Significant Stock Options
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve overall well-being
- Discounts on Amazon purchases