Senior Full Stack Developer
| Negotiable Salary |
Our client is a fintech organization that provides financial clearing and settlement services for the US financial markets. They settle most securities transactions in the U.S. Settlement play a critical role in the efficient functioning of US Capital Markets in times of prosperity and crisis. Employees are driven to deliver innovative technological solutions in an environment that favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join their team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions at one of the biggest leaders in both the financial services and technology industries.
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environment
- Work on research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm.
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Create applications & construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
- Specialize in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm.
- Work closely with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Work closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems
- 6+ years of professional frontend & backend development experience in a company/production setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Hands on experience in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring (Boot), Angular 6+, JSON, MQ, JMS, REST API, DB2, and Oracle DBs, Linux
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins. Proven track record with WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss or other Application servers
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases including DB2, Oracle Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Solid focus on software testing with tools such as Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma.
- Demonstrable experience in software development using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus or similar)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus Points If You…
- Have experience with Kafka/Solace and in the financial industry a plus
- Have experience Have experience in Mainframe is a big plus
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Route53, S3, CloudWatch) is a plus
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up to date
- Invests effort to communicate strongly and coach others.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed
If this position interests you, please don't wait to apply!