Security Operations Engineer - Financial Services
New York or Dallas
$180,000 - $200,000 base + bonus + benefits
Glocomms are partnered with a global leading Financial Services firm in the search for an experienced Security Operations Engineer to join the Information Technology team and spearhead the Cyber/Information Security function. The ideal candidate should have experience managing a security practice as an individual contributor and have the ability to make critical decisions in up-scaling Security Posture and general IT.
You will work in an innovative environment where everybody is a highly intellectual academic within their space (Masters, PhD's etc.)
Please see further responsibilities below:
- Running the daily security operations of the business.
- Identify and respond to security alerts.
- Conducting analysis on secure data to identify previously undetected incidents.
- Containing incidents and conducting a forensic investigations to create strong remediation plans.
- Monitor network traffic and security data - identifying any suspicious or malicious activity.
- Lead the implementation of new security tools (SIEM, Splunk etc.).
- Ensure that vulnerabilities are identifies ahead of the curve and implement strong remediation plans - Vulnerability Management is key!
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments to continuously monitor and improve Security Posture.
- Minimize false positives and maximize IR capabilities.
- Develop and implement new security solutions by partnering with the Engineering team.
- Strong experience in the identification, response and mitigation of Cyber Threats and Incidents.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Vulnerability Management.
- Strong experience deploying and working with security tools, most importantly Splunk.
- In depth knowledge and experience in intrusion and log analysis and incident response.
- Background in IT Infrastructure (Windows/Unix/Linux/Network Security, Cloud Security, Firewall management, Malware Analysis, IAM).
- Vulnerability scanning, product encryption and penetration testing.
- Experience with Python, PowerShell and/or Ansible for systems management.
- Coding experience and knowledge of best practices - being able to audit code to identify vulnerabilities.
- Strong communication skill with the ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor with minimal support.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-versed IT/Cyber Security Engineer with the ability to make key decisions for the improvement of an existing security posture, in a heavily regulated environment. This role will be partly project based involving research and security product/solution proposals, with a heavier focus on IT/security operational support.
If you are a good fit for this position and are open to the challenge, please apply and Akash Solankee from the Glocomms Cyber Security team will reach out to you directly.