Company Summary: Glocomms is currently leading the search for a Software Development Engineer at a leader amongst the FANG companies. With their top tier technology, the Software Development Engineer must have a strong background in writing maintainable code for software components and influencing team decisions. This position is based in Newark, NJ and Los Angeles, California.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and test the code and components for the one of the largest creators and providers of audiobooks.
- Use new and emerging technology to solve problems that may arise. Start a design, turn it into clear and maintainable code while delivering it on schedule.
- Read and review code of other team members while giving constructive criticism.
- Mentor and lead junior developers by sparking curiosity and technical understanding.
The Software Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Experience with at least one or more modern languages such as Java, C++ or C#
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the development and design of new systems.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Software Development (non-intern)
- Experience in constructing, developing and delivering software systems to all types of customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to improve the team's development and testing process.
- Competitive base salary + Significant Stock Options
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve overall well-being