Principal Security Architect | Dallas, TX | Tampa, FL
In this role, the Principal Security Architect will lead the efforts and responsibilities included, but not limited to Identity Access Management, conducting a comprehensive review of the existing IaM controls (on-prem and cloud), driving changes in control standards, creation of IT security standards to be used by stakeholders, creation of access specific security patterns and diagrams, and ownership of IaM security capability road map. What you'll essentially be is a Cybersecurity Ambassador.
- Drive the security architecture deliverables as part of initiatives in relation to Network Security
- Collaborate with IT teams to improve Network Security services for the enterprise
- Proactively identify security gaps, propose solutions, and work in tandem with engineering teams for implementation
- Flexibility to innovate and think outside the box
- Design and implement the Identity Access Management Project (3-year road map) with Cyber Security Services and respective IT stakeholders
- Influence change of control polices and build strong partnership with Architecture & Application development partners
- Design IT security standards easily used by IT stakeholders
- Design, build, implement access management security patterns for standardizing authentication, authorization flows, single-sign-on/multifactor authentication/2FA, provisioning, user behavior analytics, access governance system controls, privileged/secrets management, and design as part of initiatives to modernize the firms IaM security posture.
- IaM gaps though proactive discovery and partner with application development teams for remediation
- Evaluate the existing application security controls, on-premise and cloud, identify improvements, and build plans into the application security capability roadmap for implementation
- Lead efforts in mentoring junior security engineers to improve their Cyber security skills
- Create white papers and present in industry conferences to present thought leadership in the Cyber security space
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related discipline, Master's Degree is preferred
- 8+ years of related Cyber Security/ Security Architecture / Identity Access Management experience
- Strong Security experience across Network, application (Web, API), private or public cloud security architecture
- Experience architecting IaM capabilities
- Understanding of core cryptography concepts
- Experience with Cyber Security frameworks (ISO27001 | NIST) and Security Architecture frameworks
- Experience in Windows and Linux OS for Security and RDMS is preferred.
- Nice to have certifications: CISM, CISSP, etc.