Title: Principal Data Engineer
Salary: 160K - 220K
Company Summary: Established in 97 a Santa Clara, CA health insurance company is actively seeking candidates to fill their Principal Data Engineer role. Accessible meets affordable in the ever-changing world of health insurance. Come and discover your sacred calling helping millions of Americans secure the future of their loved ones. We are currently looking for those to help us develop cutting edge data tools and ad pipelines to drive better and faster decision making within our company and better serve our communities.
The Principal Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and build highly scalable data integration / ETL pipelines to improve data accessibility and consumption.
- Work directly with data scientists to develop the scalable implementation of statistical and machine learning models in production, and work with software engineers to design, build, and maintain APIs to interact with those models.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Mentor data engineers/interns
The Principal Data Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience with building scalable and reliable data pipelines using technologies like Spark, AWS EMR, Kafka, etc.
- Self-motivation and the desire to work successfully in a fast-paced, highly strategic sales environment
- Experience with prioritization and organization in a professional environment; both in-person and remotely
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, management, and other departments
- Proven track record of achieving measurable, time-driven goals preferred, but not required
- Health, Vision, and Dental
If you are interested in the Principal Data Engineer role, then please do not hesitate to apply.