We're currenlty searching for an experienced network engineer.
This individual will design, configure and deploy enterprise network infrastructures which will support the content creators, on-air talent, and media production, and the delivery of that content to the satellite delivery and internet streaming platforms. Provide Network and Infrastructure Architectural resources to the Media Design and Studio operations teams. Ability to translate the requirements from a Media Broadcast environment into an IP-based delivery platform. Research design, and implement network security best practices using a combination of technologies such as VPNs/encryption, firewalls, secure proxies, IDS/IPS and secure network design methodology. Ensure those practices are adhered to by providing leadership and rigor to all projects and infrastructure, whether they be new or ongoing operations. Provide tier 3 support for all broadcast, satellite uplink and Internet networks, coming after a thorough understanding of the underlying network, infrastructure, and various technologies used in the delivery of the broadcast services. Be an integral team leader and engineering/technical resource on enterprise-wide infrastructure projects. Provide expert-level knowledge and a broad understanding and ownership of the network and its production and transmission technologies and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and implement complex network architectures to provide highly available network services.
* Provide security controls and architectures to secure these services internally and for those services that are externally available
* Design and configuration of routers/switches, firewalls, VPNs, application load balancers, secure proxies, quality of service designs and multicast audio over IP networks
* Test architectures in development and execute deployments working with technical program managers and operations
* Provide team and project leadership - direct engineering, collaborate with other teams and provide leadership and mentoring
* Produce high quality documentation for all network designs, products, data flows and services
* B.S. in related field or equivalent experience.
* M.S. in Information Technology or Engineering is desired
* 10 years-experience in the planning, design, implementation and technical support of multi-vendor, multi-platform enterprise networks
* 2 years-experience providing layered security through the use of firewalls, VPNs, encryption, IDS/IPS and secure proxies
* 2 years-experience with multicast - dense, sparse and source specific
* Demonstrated knowledge of LAN and WAN networks from layer 2 up
* 2 years-experience implementing quality of service technologies and diagnosing network performance issues
* Demonstrated knowledge of virtualization architectures and network attached storage is preferred
* Experience at leading teams of engineers/technical staff
* Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear, concise and effective manner
* Ability to be a key leader and demonstrate executive level leadership skills for the Corporation's success
* The following industry certifications preferred: CCIE or equivalent certifications, Arista ACE
* This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Requirements and General Skills:
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Expert knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: IP routing protocols (eBGP, iBGP, MP-BGP, OSPF), router redundancy protocols including HSRP/VRRP/MLAG, Ethernet protocols including spanning tree, rapid spanning tree 802.1W, access control, network address translation, quality of service and policy-based routing, Layer3 Leaf-and-Spine, VXLAN and EVPN datacenter networking.
* Expert knowledge with firewalls/ACL/encryption/VPN technology - Cisco ASA and associated protocols (IPSEC/GRE) and secure proxy functions.
* Extensive experience with IP Multicast - dense mode, sparse mode (RPs/BSRs) and source specific multicast.
* Application and load balancing products and technologies (F5 knowledge is required)
* Experience with Linux and Windows, especially their networking stacks up to Layer 4