Key technical requirements:
* Good knowledge in backup solutions ideally Avamar or NetWorker
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
* Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
* Knowledge in Ansible or Ansible Tower is a plus
* Systems monitoring, ideally Nagios and Prometheus
* Scripting, ideally Python and Perl
* Broad understanding of IT best practice and its application in a business environment.
* Sound understanding of latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management.
* Practical experience of participating in IT initiatives.
* Excellent customer management skills.
* An understanding of and an ability to follow change management procedures
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
* Ability to actively work to support culture change initiatives and tackle cultural barriers.
* Good overall knowledge of the dependencies and how they interact, e.g. with regard to the technologies involved in core server, networking, database and application technologies
* Ability to provide third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment.
* Readiness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide oncall cover for evenings and weekend.
* Fluent in English (oral and written), with a second language (German, French or Italian) desirable.