Th leading and most trustworthy restaurant recommendation platform is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer! They create content for both their website and mobile app for their 2.5M monthly users to interact with. They started in NYC and are now in many major cities across the US and even internationally. They were acquired by JPMorgan Chase last year so it is a great opportunity if you are looking for the culture of a startup but the benefits and stability of working for the largest bank in the US.
They are headquartered in NYC and are currently operating in a hybrid model with 3 days per week in office.
They are looking for a Lead Backend Engineer with strong experience in Golang. They want a leader who can come in and own the entire platform backend systems.
- Assume leadership role in design, implementation, and iteration of systems.
- Collaborate with Engineering Manager to stay on time with System Roadmap and enhance development process.
- Uphold a high standard of code quality and conduct peer code reviews.
- Make decisions to help deliver consistent and reliable product requirements.
- Mentor and motivate junior engineers and team to meet goals and objectives.
- Lengthy experience with writing in a statistically typed programming language.
- Knowledge in establishing robust and scalable production systems using CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code, and monitoring in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrable ability of API design, data pipelines, and design patterns.
- Proven leadership of a team in an agile environment.
- Experience with Golang, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and GraphQL.