Washington, DC | Hybrid (2 days/week in-office)
A municipal securities market actor is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Information Security Analyst to join their growing TechOps team based out of the nation's capital. This is an opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders in both the public and private sectors, providing analysis that will have lasting impact on financial regulation security in the United States.
Information Security Analyst Will Be Responsible For:
- Designing, modifying, and reporting on security tools to ensure internal networks and infrastructure are operating at highest capacity
- Utilizing AWS services to support agency goals and compliance
- Task automation; writing scripts in Python and JSON for streamlining security operations
- Analyzing potential network security breaches and assisting in recommendations for remediation
- Organizing and maintaining enterprise security directives (eg. email fishing campaigns, vulnerability scans, firewall maintenance, etc.)
- Serving as a resource for staff security awareness and education
Key Qualifications Include:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a similar security analyst role
- Experience with network security tools including SIEM platforms, scanners, logs, and firewall application; Splunk experience preferred
- Fluency writing in Python for security automation
- Expert knowledge of AWS security services and tools (AWS certification preferred)
- Working knowledge of malware analysis and response
- Understanding of securities, bonds, and investor protection regulations/SEC procedures a plus
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work both independently and collaboratively within the TechOps team and fellow agency employees. While this role will only require on-site attendance twice per week, proximity and availability is paramount; candidates MUST be located within the DMV.
This position is actively interviewing; interested candidates should apply immediately.