Our client is the only clinical environment design and manufacturing company that enables a better care experience at the point of care in medical, dental and animal health. Through balancing technologies and workflows, they have increased interactions between patients and caregivers which results in more efficient care.
They're seeking a Firmware Engineer II to design, develop, document, and tests software systems, especially embedded systems, for use within equipment or machinery.
- Design, develop and maintain embedded firmware for process controls and hardware control.
- Design and produce communication protocol specs/documentation.
- Working knowledge of the general embedded developer landscape, design patterns, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Create documentation of design to ensure software can be understood and maintained. Including, but not limited to: Architecture Drawing, Design Documents and In-code documentation.
- Perform and document verification activates that demonstrate the design meets requirements. Including, but not limited to: Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing and Device functional testing.
- Develop test systems for internal and external production processes.
- Ensure the designs comply with applicable regulatory standards, e.g. UL, TUV, CSA, FDA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related engineering degree required and 5 or more years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Oracle preferred. PLM Agile preferred.
- Ability to prepare Test Protocols and Test Reports.
- Awareness of Lean principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations.
- Proficient in the subject matter or the functional areas of the assignments and influence the project team for the best practices related to that area.
- Knowledgeable of the fundamental theory and the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Ability to apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of medical devices and services.
- Generate software requirements distilled from system level requirement and other sources.
- Understanding of advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques, and working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking systems.